Typography in Procreate
Creating Beautiful Hand-Lettered Looks with Fonts
Getting Gorgeous Lettering Looks with Fonts!
I admire all the calligraphers and hand-letterers out there so much but I just can’t bring myself to practice enough to get good at those skills. Procreate is so amazing and with it’s ability to use fonts these days so I want to show you how you can get similar looks to hand-lettered and scripted art just with fonts!
We will explore some free fonts sites and learn how to install them. Next, I will walk you though a variety of styles that can be combined in various ways to create dozens and dozens of different looks. Finally, I will guide you through a complete illustration from start to finish to create this beautiful piece below. As always, I include brushes and palettes with class. Join me!
- Introduction (1:00)
- Resources (4:31)
- Canvas & Brushes (10:39)
- Finding Fonts (6:07)
- Installing & Deleting Fonts (8:00)
- Should I Rasterize? (5:02)
- Lesson A: Alpha Lock (6:12)
- Lesson B: Clipping Masks (8:29)
- Lesson C: Shadows (10:26)
- Lesson D: White Layers (7:11)
- Lesson E: Outline Letters (11:10)
- Lesson F: Block Letters (14:52)
- Lesson G: Curved Edges & Motion Blur (9:04)
- Lesson H: Bubble Letters (6:04)
- Lesson I: Warp & Distort (8:29)
- Lesson J: Glitter (4:25)
- Lesson K: Chalk (5:36)
- Lesson L: Hash Marks (5:42)
- Lesson M1: Joining Words (11:30)
- Lesson M2: Joining Words & Outline (11:41)
- Lesson M3: Joining Words - Finish (6:36)
- Layout Tips (6:27)
- Thank You!